JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) – Endeavour Mining (EDV.TO) said on Monday it will acquire Toronto-listed Semafo (SMF.TO) in a C$1 billion ($690.7 million) deal to create the biggest gold producer in Burkina Faso, increasing its focus on the country despite rising insecurity. Continuer à lire … « Endeavour Mining swoops on Semafo to create top Burkina Faso gold miner »
Oklo Resources Ltd (ASX:OKU) has reported final assay results from the deeper resource definition drilling program over SK2 and SK3 at Seko within its flagship Dandoko Project in Mali, West Africa.
The remaining 10 reverse circulation and 8 diamond drill holes have identified further wide zones of moderate to high-grade gold mineralisation returned from the infill and extensional holes.
Notable results include:
- 36 metres at 3.20 g/t gold from 124 metres including 13 metres at 7.32 g/t from 147 metres,
- 43 metres at 2.77 g/t from 174 metres including 20 metres at 4.25 g/t from 174 metres,
- 27 metres at 3.95 g/t from 110 metres including 3 metres at 28.73 g/t from 112 metres,
- 51 metres at 1.51 g/t from 81 metres including 25 metres at 2.25 g/t from 84 metres,
- 17 metres at 3.09 g/t from 157 metres including 6 metres at 5.44 g/t from 168 metres,
- 37 metres at 2.66 g/t from 198 metres including 8 metres at 5.30 g/t from 203 metres,
- 36 metres at 2.14 g/t from 46 metres including 10 metres at 3.75 g/t from 61 metres, and
- 17 metres at 2.52 g/t from 144 metres including 4 metres at 6.38 g/t from 145 metres.
- Oklo managing director Simon Taylor said: « With the final results from the deep resource definition drilling at SK2 and SK3 either in line or better than expected, all eyes are now on the next batch of assay results from SK1 North.
« We look forward to providing our next progress report on this exciting discovery in the near future. »
Sahel-Elite (Bamako-Mali)|Image utilisée juste à titre d’illustration
23/12/2019 – Morocco inked a framework agreement with Djibouti to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the fields of energy, mining, and geology on Monday, December 16, in Rabat. Continuer à lire … « Morocco Signs Agreement with Djibouti to Share Expertise in Renewable Energies »
28/08/2019 – Two Shields Investments PLC on Tuesday said it has signed an agreement to sell all of its Mali-based lithium permits and licences.The investment company has signed two binding heads of agreement with Australian firm Leopard Lithium Pty Ltd to sell interests in Nashwan Holdings Ltd and Mansa Lithium Inc. Continuer à lire … « Two Shields Investments Sells Lithium Assets In Mali »
2019/09/05 – Shares in AIM miner Cora Gold Ltd rose Wednesday as the company targeted a maiden resource estimate in Mali by the end of the year.
In October, Cora announced an exploration target of between 1 to 2 million ounces of gold at the Sanankoro project, and it is now planning a 6,000 metre drilling campaign. Continuer à lire … « Mali – Cora Gold Ready For « Exciting » Next Steps At Mali’s Sanankoro »
2019/03/08 – Birimian Ltd has received the signed Environmental permit from Mali’s Minister for the Environment for its Goulamina Lithium Project.
The company said it was now looking forward to advancing Goulamina to achieve the milestones required for the next stages of development. Continuer à lire … « Mali / Lithium – Birimian receives environmental permit for lithium project, bringing it closer to development »
2019/30(01 – Family members of a Canadian mining executive who was kidnapped and killed by gunmen in western Africa said at his funeral Wednesday that his murder was senseless, but they also recognize he died while pursuing the work he was passionate about.Officials in the Burkina Faso government have said the body of Kirk Woodman of Halifax was found with bullet wounds on Jan. 16 in Oudalan province, in the northern Sahel region. Continuer à lire … « Geologist who was killed in Burkina Faso died while working job ‘he loved’:son »